DESIGN TRENDS - watercolours

Watercolour is still a huge trend this season decorating all sorts of fashion and homewares.  After a research session on pinterest, I was feeling very inspired and went out and bought myself a watercolour set.  I plan to hone my watercolour painting skills.  

Here are some examples of interesting ways watercolours can be used ...

Ikat style pattern 


Chevrons - love the contrast of the precise chevrons with the fluidity of the watercolour paint.  


Ikat style, again

Abstract - Just love this... a great way to pull together colours in a room.

Abstract - Love the simplicity - beautiful colours and they blend into each other perfectly

Here are my first few watercolours:  

1 - Traditional style - Still life (of a mango)

2- Exploring Chevrons 

3 - Exploring chevrons and colour 

 Next project- use watercolours to design this years Christmas cards.